Saturday, August 17, 2013

Apartment 59

As my summer comes to an end I have looked back on what I have accomplish, WOW!! Seriously, moving over to Logan was one of the best decisions I think I could have ever made. The things I learned, the people I met and the adventures I have had. I remember the first day I walked into my apartment, I thought I was gonna be in for a treat. I had Chinese writing on a black board, cat posters hanging on the wall, plants covering every inch of the walls and church picture galore. I thought I was gonna be in for a treat with some very interesting roommates. Seriously my stomach dropped as I judged my roommates without knowing them. Needless to say, I was wrong. I love my roommates! Catherine is my fun loving Chinese roommate who can make you laugh and smile the instant you are around her. She opened my eyes to a different culture and also some hilarious quotes from her. Sabra is the "mother" so to say. I loved walking into my apartment seeing her in the kitchen making yummy food. I even loved her giving me a hard time about boys and giving me a hard time about all the boys in my ward wondering where I was every Sunday I wasn't there. She kinda kept me in line this summer so to say. Then there is Hadley. Hadley I feel like is just like one of my sisters. It almost freaked me out the first time I sat down and had a actual conversation with her. I felt like I was just chatting up a storm with Cami or something. Hadley is just so laid back and I feel has a lot of the same viewpoints and things in common as me. I can't even thank my roommates this summer enough for the life lessons they have taught me and really helping me just transition into the big grown up world. At times I felt like I was just that little 18 year old girl that just graduated high school. But I honestly feel like I am a completely different person than I was 3 months ago. Now it is time to conquer my next apartment with my new roommates and see what lies in store for me. I will forever be grateful I had 3 amazing and inspiring young ladies to help sculpt me into being independent and discovering who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment