Sunday, April 10, 2011

2 people can make all the difference

So this week has seriously been so crazy and hectic and one that I would like to never go through again! But if it wasn’t for two amazing people in my life I have no idea what I would have done!
The first amazing person is my Dad! Words cannot even explain what I think about this man. This man can do anything. I have no idea how he does it all. He fathers a house hold of girls, works full time as the hospital administrator, goes back to school and is a loving Bishop who cares about everyone! And on top of that he’s pretty good at squishing a spider and fixing your broken necklace. This week my dad has helped a lot. I got to have my birthday bishop’s interview with him, saw him working hard at work, and just had little amazing conversation with him. But one thing in particular that helped me the most was he gave me a fathers blessing. I am so very happy and lucky that I can count on my dad whenever I need him for a fathers blessing. I was freaking out and bawling to my parents because I felt like everything in my life was going downhill. I felt like nothing I was doing was going right and was way confused on some big decisions im having to make and to top it off my friends Madi and Kevin got in a bad 4-wheeling accident. Luckily they are still alive and okay but I am pretty sure I don’t think I could have handled loosing another friend within months of loosing Devin. Seeing Kevin sit in that hospital bed and Madi barely able to move as she sat on her couch made me realize how lucky I am to have the friends that I do but made me sick to my stomach and brought back memories of everything that happened back in November. When I was telling my parents everything that I was feeling the thought kept coming into my mind to have my dad give me a blessing. As soon as he laid his hands on my head I could feel that spirit so strong, and couldn’t help but realize how lucky I am to have him as my dad and for the power of the priesthood. After a night full of bawling my eyes out, my dad gave me amazing advice, and an amazing blessing and everything since then has seemed to start falling back into place. I am so grateful for my dad and if any of you think you have a better dad I am pretty sure I could prove you wrong!
The second person who has helped me a lot this week is my sister Cami! This girl is seriously one of my biggest heroes and examples and is someone I look up to like crazy!  She is my clothes sharing buddy and I love raiding her laundry basket whenever she comes home!  Talking to her on the phone the other day meant more to me then she will probably ever realize. She made me realize that she has gone through everything I’m going through right now as I’m going through high school and that somehow she managed to survive it all, so I can to! I love her to death and she’s such a great sister. She is so strong, loving, caring, and doesn’t let what other people say get the best of her. She knows what to do about boys, clothes, parents, friends and how to party and have fun. I love whenever she is home for the weekend and her picking me up from a party way later then my parents normally would have or just being able to talk to her about my life! She helped me grow to love cereal for every meal possible and to try my hardest in everything I do.
I love Cami and my dad and couldn't ask for more amazing people in my life! They seriously have helped me a lot the past week and I just want to thank them for that!

1 comment: