Friday, April 22, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

So the first thing that popped into my head when I woke up was the song “Sweet Sixteen” By Hilary Duff. I can’t believe this day is finally here! I can still remember thinking on my 8th birthday that my life will double by the time I can finally drive and date! I seriously thought the day would never come and that it was just so super far away. But needless to say it finally came and yes I’m FINALLY 16! I have had the countdown for my 16th birthday for years!! And I just have to say it was totally worth the forever long countdown cause this birthday was by far the best birthday anyone could have asked for!
It started out on a cold rainy day on April 21, 2011. I was getting ready for school when the door bell kept ringing constantly! It was for me and my 2 amazing friends Mishae and Ashlyn were there to give me balloons, Jelly beans and diet coke! They sure know me good :) I finished getting ready and off us three went to school. School was a normal day; I don’t think I have had that many people ever wish me a happy birthday. I swear every ten minutes a new person would wish me happy birthday or I would get a random text. School was great minus the bad news of not making student council again but that’s okay, life moves on and it just wasn’t meant to happen I guess. I had already sorta figured I wasn’t going to make it so it wasn’t to heart breaking to hear the news.
After school me and my mom took a road trip. First stop, Brigham City. Woot woot here I got my license. I am now officially a licensed driver! So If I were you I would maybe stay off the roads for a little bit and just make sure you stay within a 2 mile range of me while I’m driving! Haha just kidding I’m actually a pretty good driver don’t worry. The road trip continued, stop two…Logan! We went to Logan to go get my super cute ring at Morgan Jewelers. That was a great trip, they were having a party in there and the lady said that the party was basically just for me and my birthday! I got sung to by some musicians and the whole store, I’m a big deal what can I say :) ha then off we went back home to tree town.
I was home for probably ten minutes when I got picked up for my first real and official date! The lucky man who got to take me out was Brenden Oxborrow! I don’t think I could have picked anyone better to have taken me out on my first date and on my 16th birthday none the less! It was a blast! We did a group date with Lindsey, Benjy, Kallton and Baylie! We went bowling, yay I suck at bowling and got half everyone score but hey I got 40 so I was pretty happy! Then we went and got Icees at the best icee shake in Garland! YUMM Mango and Pink Lemon sour is of course what I got! Then we went to Brenden’s and just sat around and hung out. I decided I pretty much love his little brother. He is so cute; he came up and just stood and stared at us forever then finally spoke and was like Umm I think I just saw a spider. Brenden asked if he wanted him to go kill it and his response was, No it’s on the wall and sideways so it’s okay! He was so stinkin cute and called me mom and asked if I would get him a drink and once he realized I wasn’t his mom he just stared at me! Yeah I’m pretty sure I creaped him out just a little! We later decided we would go to Kalltons house and bake cookies! We baked cookies, played apples to apples and just had fun!  I was winning apples to apples so I guess that makes up for totally loosing hard core at bowling! The date was so much fun and I couldn’t have asked for a better night! Thanks so much Brenden for the most amazing first date anyone could ask for!!
After all the Facebook messages, texts and random people saying Happy Birthday this day seriously couldn’t have gotten any better! I got a pretty awesome present from Sidney, a Kool-aid Shirts and sweaters with our pictures on them plus a hilarious note so it was a pretty great present! Then there was one present that meant a lot to me. It was just a conversation over text to a person who we have defffidently had are differences in the past and the person complete appoligized for everything! It’s weird that just a simple conversation over text can be one of the best birthday presents cause that meant so much and it was something that I really needed to hear! My birthday has just been all around great and I couldn’t have asked for a better one! Woot woot Darci is now 16 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment