Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NieNie

Do you have a hero? Someone you look up to for a million different reasons. Well I do, her name is Stephanie Nielson AKA NieNie. I can still remember the very first day I heard Stephanie’s story. I was sitting in Bro. Burger’s seminary class. I could tell you everything about that day like it was yesterday; the exact lesson we had that day, where and who I was sitting by and how I was feeling that day. I was having a bad day at school and I was just hoping seminary could make it not suck so bad. Then Bro. Burger put on a Mormon Message video and it was about Stephanie and her life and her challenges she has faced. Needless to say it made me start to cry and every time since then it brings tears to my eyes as I watch it. For some reason I have grown to love her. She was my insperation to actually start a blog. Stephanie is such a great example and someone to look up to. Stephanie and her husband Christian were in a near fatal plane crash back in 2008. Her body was 80% burned and she was in a coma for 3 months. Needless to say now she is sharing the gospel and her faith to millions of people through her blog which I love following. She is by far one of the best mothers, missionary, inspirations and heroes. She sends Book of Mormons to anyone who requests it and shows the world that motherhood is such a great and awesome blessing. As I follow her blog I have came to know her like we have been friends forever. Yes I realize she has no idea that I even exist or see her as a hero but one day I want to meet her and let her know how much she has helped me in my life. When I have a bad day and am thinking “poor me” I think about Stephanie and how strong and amazing she is. And wonder what I would do if she was in my shoes. She is so strong and even though she has bad days and hardship she is always positive. Her 4 children are so cute and she is an amazing mom! NieNie is my hero for so many reasons I can’t even explain and I just love her! 
You can watch her Mormon Message video here
Or follow her blog here

2 comments:

  1. I went to a fireside she did here and it was AWESOME! That woman is absolutely incredible. She is definitely one of my heroes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I am so Jealous you have got to hear her speak! She is incredible!

    ReplyDelete