Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

Happy 4th of July! Wow I can’t believe it’s actually the 4th of July once again. When I think about the 4h of July I usually just think of fireworks, summer picnics and laughing with a group of friends. But this year I am trying not to just focus on if the Watermelon is seedless or not and instead I’m thinking about America and its freedom. 235 years ago from today we gained our countries independence. I can’t help but think about being in 1st grade in Mrs. Marshall’s class and every morning singing “God Bless America” and whenever it said, as we gladly stand up, we would all have races to see who could stand up the fastest. And every Friday we got to see who could stand on top of our desk the fastest. I think 1st grade was by far a great year for learning about our country and the love I have towards it. I was in 1st grade when the Twin Towers fell on September 11th.  Things like that really is an eye opener and makes you realize how blessed we are to live in this country and the impendence we have. I’m so grateful for all those who serve our country and who die for my freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment