Saturday, April 28, 2012

Not Just a Passion


Dancing: Its not just a passion its a way of life

Last night I went to watch my adorable "little sister" Adrian at her dance competition. When it comes to her dancing I just can't help but smile and soak up every minute of watching her. Every single time I go out to Park Valley she shows me her dances, and we have random dance partys. When I goof off and dance with that girl it reminds me so much of when I was her age and loving every minute of dancing. I still make dancing apart of my life and love just dancing in my bedroom. Or my favorite is dancing in the dark and making me feel like its just me and the dance. Dancing is an expression of life and its something I love doing, its a great way to make me forget about the world around me and just make me feel like I'm just me without a stress in the world. Lately I have been watching old dance videos and can I just say I was a little spazzy dancer but I can still remember the thoughts I had while I was dancing and how much I loved doing it. Every time (since 5th grade I think) I stand in position waiting for the music to start whether its during practice or an actual performance I always take a deep breath and say the same thing to myself:
Darci, Stay strong! You can do it! Show everyone who is watching what you love the most!

I have no idea how many times I have told myself that in my life but all I can say is I've done it so many times its sorta written inside of me! I love dancing, don't get me wrong, its something that I will always love doing! I have learned so many life lessons from all the dance teachers and coaches I have had over my lifetime, I wouldn't take back any moment I was on the dance floor!






No comments:

Post a Comment